Sunday, September 29, 2013

An Early Thanksgiving!

A strange pickup drove up to where we were working this afternoon. Two young men we didn’t know rolled down their windows.

“We saw a cow in the canal, and the neighbors said it might be yours!” they said, adding that she appeared to be sinking. Hubby sprinted for rope and tractor, I grabbed some chains and jumped in the Ranger, and the men followed in their truck.

I was so scared that all I could pray was Jesus! And Please don’t let it be Annabelle (my favorite). We spread out and scanned the canal—without success. It was impossible not to think the worst.

“Maybe she made it down to that sandbar and got out,” Hubby told me. “Drive over to the cows and count them.”

Well, I got decent grades in math, but I was so nervous that counting wandering cows was almost impossible, but I finally came to the conclusion that no one was missing. When Hubby arrived, he noticed that Annabelle was nursing her calf and repeatedly shaking her ears. Upon closer inspection, he determined that she was not only cleaner than the others, but that her ears were still wet!

“Thank You, God!” I exulted, grinning heavenwards, not even caring what the two strangers thought. (It turned out that the two Good Cow Samaritans were indeed Christians; one of them is even a pastor.) Five hours later, I'm still grinning!

A very hungry Annabelle (center). Note her ear.


“The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.–PSALM 28:7 (NASB)


No comments:

Post a Comment