Saturday, August 10, 2013

Terror of the Jungle

Less than five minutes after the dog, the goats, and I had disembarked from the truck and trailer after docking at the ranch, I heard a loud Mew, mew! My cat Smokey emerged from some overgrown grass, rubbed against Bodie’s legs, and came up to be cuddled.

“Aw, what a nice cat,” you’re probably saying to yourself right about now. Well, yes and no.

Hubby did a good job of watering my trees, grass, and flowers in my absence, but left untamed, they and the weeds have grown into a veritable jungle. Smokey (aka The Terrible Tiger) gleefully hides in the dense forest of weeds and sunflowers in order to stalk the herd of gazelles (aka baby goats) which I brought him. It’s all in fun, but sometimes his game of Terror-of-the-Jungle is unappreciated by grumpy mama gazelles!

The unsuspecting herd moves into the clearing 
The tiger lurks

The predator becomes the prey (seconds before getting boosted out of the "clearing" by Blueberry)

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” –ISAIAH 41:10 (AMP)



No comments:

Post a Comment