Friday, June 21, 2013

The Cure

If pride is an issue for you, I know a definitive cure: take up golf and goats.

Learning generally comes easy for me, but, as the very patient instructor of my golf class can tell you, I have a golfing disability. I’ve been mainstreamed into the class with my non-disabled peers; however, if the golf course was a school, I’d have a resource room teacher, paraprofessional, physical therapist, counselor, occupational therapist, and IEP (Individualized Education Plan).

In contrast, goats are fairly easy to care for and exceptionally easy to love. Nevertheless, the nuances of their hormonal cycles, pregnancy, gestation, and parturition have been far trickier to learn than I care to admit. I thought Meels and Blueberry should have kidded in early June, but I was wrong. If their tummies and udders weren’t expanding daily, I’d have to wonder if they were even expecting at all. As I’ve discovered, the science of cattle obstetrics is far less ambiguous than that of goats, and far less humbling!

Blueberry

“O Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear.”
–PSALM 10:17 (NASB)









No comments:

Post a Comment