Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shining Through

Some years back, some guys I’ve never met* wrote a song. Then, a singing group which I’d never heard of**, from a country I’ve never been to, recorded that song.

Four years later, when the storm clouds that had been brewing on my horizon grew closer and more threatening, I opened a cardboard box from my sister. Among other items was a CD with that song on it. At the time, she didn’t know about the storm or even the song that would give me strength to weather it, but God did.


I can’t carry a tune across a corral, but I’ve sung this song countless times as a prayer, sometimes with bold faith but more often with sighs or sobs. But every time, the words to this beautiful song have never failed to reassure me that no matter how dark and raging the storm, my Lord will indeed come shining through, carrying me with Him.

(Click on the purple "Always There" link below to hear it.)

*Brendan Graham, Rolf Lovland
**The Canadian Tenors



“You’ve always been right there for me….” –PSALM 27:9 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment