Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cupcake


I confess to an inordinate fondness for blue heelers, cats, rose bushes, chocolate, and frosting. I find them irresistible. In my opinion, blue heelers, cats, rose bushes, chocolate, and frosting are indisputable proof that God is good and everything He does is very good. Such theology comes in handy when I need to justify any weakness for or overindulgence in blue heelers, cats, rose bushes, chocolate, and frosting.

Naturally, when I first laid eyes on this adorable heifer, I thought, Frosting! A chocolate cupcake with fluffy white frosting! So Cupcake was christened.

Hubby really likes Cupcake’s refinement and femininity, which he says is a good predictor of reproductive efficiency. Hubby’s a retired ag teacher and Future Farmers of America advisor, so his evaluation of Cupcake is based on more academic criteria than mine. I tend to assess cows according to docility, ease of calving (translation: they don’t need a human midwife), and cuteness—in that order.

In four months, we’ll find out what kind of mama Cupcake is. But she’s already got the cuteness thing nailed!

 

“Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him.” –PSALM 34:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment