Friday, August 1, 2014

Within Reason

Bodie and I have been on hay-rescue duty, forking up clumps of hay that the baler missed, stacking it on the haymobile, and distributing it to the cows. 

Thus far, I've been the one at the wheel and at the pitchfork. Border collie/blue heeler cowdogs are known for their intellect, so I didn't think it was too much to ask Bodie to take over the driving. It would save me much time and trouble getting in and out of the cab over and over again. 

Bodie politely refused. It seems that when he signed on with this outfit, he actually only agreed to scare off visitors, herd cows, and protect the ranch from rabbits. A respectable cowdog has to set some limits. If he agreed to drive, what might be next? Feeding the goats? Cleaning the cat box?

Hubby made some shade for my faithful co-pilot. 


"To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night." --Psalm 92:2 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment