Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Chick Pics

A red-tailed hawk born this spring is so used to us (dog included) jogging beneath his tree that he doesn't fly away or screech at us anymore.


My apologies for the photo quality, but these Sandhill crane parents are ultra-wary of anyone approaching their big youngster. I've been trying to get closer for weeks now. (If I'm going to become an avian paparazzi, I'll definitely need some camouflage and a big lens!)


The bald eagle nest was nearby, but I couldn't tell if this was one of this year's two eaglets or a golden eagle. This handsome fellow didn't call or screech at all during the 15 minutes I stalked him, so I'm leaning towards the latter. (Bald eagles are loud and verbose; goldens are the strong, silent type.)


"He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge." -- Psalm 91:4 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment