Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Art


No matter how frigid the air or tough the footing, I would not think of trading my outdoor walks or runs for more comfortable ones on a treadmill. For one thing, I don’t just enjoy sunshine and fresh air, I crave it. Also, outdoor treks are fun because, just like yard sales and flea markets, I never know what I might find.

Wintry walks may be devoid of growing things, but the snow is like a blank canvas for the wild things to unwittingly draw a record of their comings and goings. Most sketches are made with hooves, paws, or toes, but it’s not uncommon to see a double-doodle drawn with wings, like this one:


This next piece is a puzzler to me though. Obviously, the artist had feathers, but how he or she managed to create this intriguing 24” by 10” abstract is a mystery. It’s so beautiful that I had to capture a photo before the masterpiece melted!



“He will cover you with His feathers,
    and under His wings you will find refuge;
    His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.–PSALM 91:4 

No comments:

Post a Comment