Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Than Enough


Some readers may be wondering how it’s going between Blueberry and Lolli (see yesterday’s “Not Inconceivable”). Since I don’t want to be indelicate, suffice it to say that Lolli has more than fulfilled his purpose for coming here! I’d heard about the ardor of goats, but, well, let’s just say that it has to be seen to be believed. If little Strawberry and Patch aren’t already on their way, then I’d be shocked.

I knew that the hormones had subsided when I saw Blueberry hiding from her Casanova behind the hay feeder this morning. Both have been partaking of more siestas than usual, so I assume they didn’t sleep much last night.

For her part, Meels has uncharacteristically planted herself upon a pile of hay all day, reminiscent of a hen sitting on a clutch of eggs. I can only surmise that she’s trying to look broody, aloof, and unavailable so that she’ll be left alone!


“God has been good to me and I have more than enough." –GENESIS 33:11

No comments:

Post a Comment