Friday, September 21, 2012

No Misery Here


I heard on the news that PETA is suing the makers of the “Happy California Cows” commercials for false advertising. PETA’s premise is that cows aren’t happy but are, indeed, mistreated and miserable. On another news program, I heard that the EPA sends unmanned drones to spy on feedlots and dairies, looking for verification of mistreated, miserable cattle.

Well, I have no use for people who mistreat and neglect cattle either. I don’t mind at all if any person or agency wants to check up on the emotional and physical welfare of our cows. They won’t find a shred of evidence of bovine mistreatment and misery. On the other hand, it would be quite easy to prove that our cows are quite pampered and over-indulged, far more so than their owners!

 Clarabelle, Angel, and Dottie soaking up some rays this chilly morning.

“God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.” –PSALM 23:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment