Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gladness


This past Mother’s Day will probably go on record as one of the very best—for me, anyway. Very late on Friday evening, son Zach returned home from a 10-month foreign exchange stint in Jamnagar, India. He brought armloads of beautiful (or tasty) gifts from abroad, and bought me my annual Mother’s Day rosebush, but the greatest gift by far was having him safely home! (I extend my sincerest thanks to everyone in Jamnagar who befriended or took care of Zach while he was there--especially to whoever taught him to fold his clothes neatly and put them away!)


Our sweet Petunia had a wonderful Mother’s Day too: she had her first heifer, twelve days early. Little Penelope was up nursing and bucking in no time. Penelope has her sister Gracie’s sociable personality. The entire time that I was trying to photograph Penelope on her first day, Gracie was chewing on my pony tail and bumping me with her nose, as if to say, “Look at me. I’m still cute too!”


 
“God will lavish you with good things: children…offspring from your animals, and crops from your land….” DEUTERONOMY 28:11

No comments:

Post a Comment