Monday, January 13, 2014

Rabbit Trails

Curiosity led me back to the woody gateway (see Enigma). I crunched and slid down the steep crusty slope and into the rubber rabbitbrush-peachtree willow “tunnel”.

The path actually split. One shrank to cat-sized but I was able to follow another deer-sized trail which soon became two. Each path through the brush divided into more and more, some big enough for me to squeeze through, some not. Droppings indicated that I was negotiating a cottontail maze, while cloven hoof prints suggested that I wasn’t the only non-rabbit intruder.



As expected, some trails led to a small pond from which ducks took wing. I was surprised to see so little ice, considering it’s the middle of winter. The spring that feeds it must be thermal. It seems that the place is something of a rabbit resort! 






“All the paths of the Lord are lovingkindness and truth….” –PSALM 25:10 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment