Friday, September 25, 2015

Greater Things

When I went horse shopping a decade ago, I sought a gentle, well-broke (translation: safe) gelding. I bought a green-broke filly instead. I told Hubby that Sugar's cowhorse pedigree had sold me, but mostly I'd fallen for her beautiful eyes. 

I was taken aback when Sugar's owner and trainer asked me, "Do you know what she is?"

When I replied that I was familiar with Sugar's cutting horse bloodlines but that I just wanted her for a ranch horse, he seemed insulted. He thought Sugar was destined for greater things. He must have needed the money, though, because he took mine. 

Sugar turned out to be good with cows, but she's even better with people. She particularly favors the unassured and, inexplicably, takes it upon herself to build their confidence and esteem. I couldn't be prouder. 




"Success is when I add value to myself. Significance is when I add value to others." ~John Maxwell 


No comments:

Post a Comment