Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What They Know

I love cows. (I also love cats, but that subject is too controversial for this venue. People either adore or despise cats, but when it comes to cows, they tend to stay on the fence.)

Cows are both beautiful and serene. Unless cows are in distress because of fear, misfortune or a breakfast that’s five minutes late, their tranquility is nearly unsurpassed. If only I possessed a cow’s inherent ability to relax and enjoy life!

I’m no bovine psychologist, but I think it’s safe to say that cows have mastered the art of contentment because they forgive easily, appreciate their blessings, allow for naps, and refuse to fret about the future.

Snoopy, resting in this morning's dandelions


“He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.” –PSALM 23:2 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment