Monday, March 24, 2014

Hale and Hearty

We woke up to more snow, not enough to ski on but enough to make everything muddy again. I slithered around in the mud and snow to check the older calves out in the pasture. Although damp, none seemed worse for the wear, and this evening, all were dry and scampering about.

Hubby taught me another way to verify calf health: look at their mamas’ udders. An over-full udder is almost always a sign that a calf is sick, perhaps with pneumonia or scours, and has lost its appetite.

Well, I’m feeling rather perky and the ice cream carton is half empty, so I must be hale and hearty too!

Rooster was busy exploring

Wilbur--note the tipped heart


“…Jesus said to them, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.’” –MARK 2:17 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment