Saturday, February 22, 2014

Olympia

I’ve loved watching the Sochi Winter Olympics. Kudos to the beautiful country of Russia!  I especially enjoy the inspiring stories of athletes who have had the gumption to persevere through hardship in order to achieve their dreams.

Sadly, the Olympics are almost over, but I have a tiny tree that has that same grit. In its three years of life, this miniscule cottonwood has survived mowing, transplanting, tromping, weed competition, and drought. More than once, I thought it had been obliterated, but, weeks or months later, it reappeared.

I’m a tree lover but have never bothered to christen one. But if ever a tree has earned a name, this one has: Olympia.


“Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” –ROMANS 8:37 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment