Sunday, February 9, 2014

Off the Pace

It’s hard to go anywhere without hearing objections towards our seemingly infinite, ever-so-cold winter. Our place is no exception. Of late, I’ve heard several I’m ready for winter to be over grumblings from Hubby and almost daily climate complaints from my goats.

Spring can’t come soon enough for me, either, although I’ve happily been taking advantage of some unusual cross-country skiing snow.

Today, I heard an Olympic cross-country commentator explain to TV listeners why distance skiers have to pace themselves. It seems that after six minutes of anaerobic activity, the body begins to shut down. I’m not worried though. My skiing is more un-aerobic than an-!


“…The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.” –ECCLESIASTES 9:11 (ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment