Monday, December 30, 2013

Gently Rounding Moon

We just call it December, but northern plains tribes had more descriptive names, like: Moon of Popping Trees (Northern Arapaho), Winter Moon (Shoshone), Moon When the Deer Shed their Antlers (Lakota), and When the Wolves Run Together (Cheyenne). Other Native Americans called it Long Night Moon or Cold Moon.

If I were to rename December, I’d call it the Cows Gently Rounding Moon because this is the month that the cows begin to look pregnant.

There’s been some “gently rounding” on my part as well, due to excess fudge and Christmas cookies, which is why I’m headed outdoors for a walk as soon as this is posted!

Flame and Sparkle


Angel

 “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” –3 JOHN 1:2 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment