Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wattage


Our newest calf (name pending) is doing well, although his legs buckle when he's tired. He’s still in the barn because it’s been snowing lightly most of the day, but I’m sure he’ll be excited when he gets to meet his siblings out in the corral. Today, he tried to get his mama, Winky, to play with him, but she wouldn’t. Winky used to be one of the most playful heifers, but now she’s too overwhelmed by the cares and responsibilities of cowhood to play with her calf.

Hmm. Light bulb moment: I also have become too overwhelmed by cares and responsibilities to allow myself to have much, if any, fun. I shall look for a name for this dear one that reminds me--and Winky--to lighten up!


“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” –JOHN 10:10 (AMP)


No comments:

Post a Comment