Thursday, April 25, 2013

Countdown


According to the American Dairy Goat Association’s gestation calendar, Meels is due to kid next Tuesday, April 30. I’ve been told that goats follow gestation calendar due dates much more devoutly than do cows, so my heart rate is still normal—at present, that is. But if I read much about kidding and the various worst-case scenarios, it’s a different story. Fortunately, Hubby has a lot of experience with lambing, which is essentially the same process, and Vanessa, my goat mentor, has said I can call her anytime. I suppose I should ask for clarification as to whether or not “anytime” includes 2 am! 

As noted earlier in the year, I'm a goat greenhorn so am climbing a steep learning curve in regards to this business of goat reproduction. Please pray for perfect timing, safe passage, and easy nursing for Meels' little one(s)!




“For he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care.”             –PSALM 95:7 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment