Wednesday, March 13, 2013

More Than Enough


Trooper and Bud, shown cavorting in the photo below, joined their sisters in the pasture yesterday. The young mamas joyfully romped and played along with their calves. A few tears of gratitude filled my eyes when I remembered the song I sang to Trooper when he was struggling to breathe and stand just over two weeks ago:

I see fields of green, skies of blue
Baby calves playing, and Trooper too
And I think to myself, what a wonderful God!

That’s Trooper in the lead. And although they’re tiny, there are some green blades of grass popping up, so the song has come true already.

The chunky all-black calf in the foreground is lucky that we’d already dubbed him Bud. When the calves get up from their naps, they always nurse.  Afterwards, they all gambol about—all, that is, except Bud. Even though his mama has plenty of milk, greedy little Bud still makes the rounds of the other gentle heifers, stealing as much as he can until he’s so full that he plops down to nap again. If the little butterball didn’t already have a name, we’d call him Piggy!


“…God has been good to me and I have more than enough.” GENESIS 33:11

No comments:

Post a Comment