Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A (Not So) Grave Matter

A month ago, I spied a kochia weed growing on Blueberry's grave. (Blueberry was my dear little goat who passed away a year ago.) When I leaned over to pull it out, I discovered several wildflowers and tiny sagebrush poking up from between the sandstone. I began pampering them and blossoms soon followed.




A few days later, I spotted this sunflower growing beside the graves of Bodie and Moey (a beloved dog and darling goat, respectively, both of whom we buried this past year). Stray sunflowers aren't uncommon around here, but this one was grinning from a patch of dreadful soil where even weeds fear to tread. 



When I took the photo, I noticed that the flower's funny shape. Close inspection revealed a double bloom. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." ~Wm. Paul Young, The Shack




No comments:

Post a Comment