Sunday, December 24, 2017

Kind of a Manger Scene

It's Christmas Eve, and I have yet to think up a fun and farmy Christmas picture for you! Sorry about that. In past years, I've dressed the poor goaties in ugly holiday sweaters or Santa hats. Once I bribed the horses to pose by a wreath, which couldn't have looked any more contrived. 

I did manage to grab a few shots of some locals eating breakfast in the snow. I wanted to take more, but my fingers were beginning to freeze without my beloved wool mittens. (These were taken yesterday. When we went out to do morning chores today, the thermometer read -17°F. I kept my mittens on.)


Sugar and Solomon have a dry barn but rarely spend time in it.

Ariel's mama, the late Blueberry, detested cold and snow. Ariel doesn't seem to mind it.

Apricot and Daffodil eat more breakfast (and lunch and supper) than the other weanling heifers. Obviously.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world." C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment