Thursday, January 1, 2015

In Good Company

I hear that the Chinese have designated 2015 as the Year of the Sheep--or Goat--depending upon translation. I suppose shepherds will argue for the former interpretation, while we goatherds will staunchly defend the second. 

By virtue of milk production, intelligence, allegiance, sense of humor, and increasing worldwide popularity, goats surely deserve 2015. On the other hand, if it weren't for my cherished woolen socks, long johns, mittens, and blanket, I doubt I could tolerate Wyoming winters.

Perhaps those in the sheep camp and we in the goat shed could agree to share the Year, keeping in mind the words of Dr. Van Horn, Hubby's former college professor of sheep production and animal science: "A sheep is just a woolified goat."

I pray that 2015 will be a most wonderful year for you, regardless of your sheep-goat persuasion. 

Minnie, one of my most winsome friends. 


"Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." ~Luke 12:32 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment