Thursday, September 18, 2014

Brego, Part II

Brego, a Thoroughbred-Warmblood gelding, presides over Maria Lisa Eastman's herd of equine learning and therapy horses (www.rainhorse.org). He stands an imposing 18 hands high. 

He's got a big personality too. Every inch of that horse exudes self-confidence. With his two-legged pals, Brego is extroverted, gentle, and engaging, but he's haughty and domineering with other horses. 

Brego and I have little in common. I'm not in any way impressive or grand, and I'm far from self-assured! But Brego wants to be by my side, shadowing me like some towering Secret Service agent, rebuffing other horses who want to greet me. 

I'm not yet sure why Brego "chooses" me or seems protective of me, but I do know that I feel greatly honored!




"God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special." --1 Thessalonians 1:4 MSG




No comments:

Post a Comment