Friday, June 7, 2013

Cow Books and Jeans

Today was the first day of my first writer's conference. Since I’ve never attended one before, I was a bit apprehensive about what to wear. Hayseed that I am, my nicest clothes are just nicer jeans.

When I first walked into the Hilton’s conference center, everyone I saw was dressed to the nines. Wow, I thought to myself, these writers must be much more successful than I am. Maybe I don’t belong here. Thankfully, I soon realized that I was in the midst of a medical conference; the writing conference was in another part of the building. I soon discovered that most authors and poets aren’t much more concerned about fashion than I am!

All the writing talk got me to thinking about writing a book. “They” always say to write about what one knows and loves, so I guess I’ll write a cow book. I’ve already brainstormed a few titles which may or may not be loosely “borrowed” from more well-known tomes:

o   Women Who Love Cows Too Much
o   The Cow in the Alfalfa
o   A Tale of Two Pastures
o   The Old Cow and the Prairie
o   One Thousand and One Cows
o   Of Cattle and Cattlemen





“God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.” –2 SAMUEL 22:25 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment