Thursday, March 8, 2018

Bear With Me

It was one of those inexplicable dreams set in a place I've never been and populated by folks I've never met. Had I not been awakened by the cow-check alarm clock just as the kindergarteners were painting the polar bear, I'm sure I'd have forgotten it. 

Yes, indeed. A real live polar bear, tranquilized for the safety of the young artists eagerly applying bright splotches of tempera paint to its fur. As I leaned over to inspect their work, I asked their teachers the obvious: Why?

It's therapeutic, one of the ladies answered, beaming. It's helping them heal from winter.

I nodded as if the whole business made perfect sense. I very much wanted to ask, How much longer until the tranquilizer wears off? and more importantly, considering there was no bus or building in sight, How do you plan to keep these kids from getting mauled by the polar bear? But that's when the Harp ringtone (sounds lovely but is actually annoying) on my phone alarm interrupted the dream. 

Ridiculous dream notwithstanding, we do have a bear on the place now. 

Glory's little black Bear was born a few days ago. 



Bear's first morning.

Glory gives enough milk for multiple cubs, so life is good for this Bear.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jesus didn't come for the rich, the educated, the popular, or the esteemed folks. He came for me. For us." ~Angie Smith





    




No comments:

Post a Comment