Monday, July 23, 2012

Up There


This photo was taken atop the Grand Teton on Saturday. Zach is sitting; his friends and fellow firefighters, Jeff and Justin, are standing behind him.

While they were up there, another climbing party of 10 made it to the top of an adjoining summit. One of the climbers changed into a tuxedo he’d carried in his pack, another changed into her wedding gown, and another, presumably a preacher, proceeded to marry them.

As Zach was telling about the wedding, I started to say, “That’s cool,” but then I interrupted myself with, “Don’t even think about doing that yourself someday!” He’s my only kid and the apple of my eye, but that’s one wedding I’d have to miss.

“I ask Him that…you’ll be able to take in…the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breath! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights!” –EPHESIANS 3: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment