Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grace and Beauty

A quick Gracie update: her lively dashes and dances around the corral, coupled with a shiny coat and flat back, indicate that she’s thriving on her mama’s plentiful Angus butterfat.
Oh, that our cultural ideals of beauty and health were comparable to those of cattle! A skinny cow can signify malnutrition, illness, neglect, bad teeth, or advanced age; she’s neither attractive, fit, nor likely to raise a good calf.
My great aunt Bula and I were discussing the subject of anorexia via snail mail. “The devil has got these young people thinking that skinny is beautiful,” she wrote. “I think fat is beautiful, and I’m getting better looking all the time!” Her letter made me feel much better about indulging in Valentine’s Day chocolates and red velvet cake last week!

“(The Lord) who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy….” PSALM 103:4B (Amp)

No comments:

Post a Comment