Sunday, July 15, 2018

Home Grown

I thought I'd better show that roses aren't the only things that are flourishing this summer!


This is Calla with her mama, Lily. Lily's only a two year old, but she's already quite the milk producer.

Bonnie Lee poses with her mama, Bella. We bring the cows in every few weeks to spray them. Biting flies make cattle miserable, and the stress hinders weight gain. 

The squiglets, as I call them, are growing as fast as the weeds they love. This is Squiggy.

Lenny and the other goats love the occasional weedy bale of hay.

Josephine (foreground) isn't as tall as Lenny but weighs as much. When I took this photo, Lenny had just bumped into the bucket of water I'd been carrying. Ellie took it upon herself to lick him dry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Let your faith and sense of adventure be bigger than your fear!" ~Christine Caine

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos and quote!! The first thing I noticed was your cattle had NO flies!!

    ReplyDelete