Monday, June 25, 2018

Some Soldiers Smell Nice

All but one of my rose bushes made it through the Winter of 2017-2018. (Grammar junkies, don't judge me. If you'd weathered our Worland, Wyoming, winter, you'd capitalize the W too.) 

It's finally summertime, but the roses and I continue to fight for their survival [cue theme from Glory www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1YuKBp11sU] against such foes as hailstorms, hungry grasshoppers, and pillaging goats. 

I put out deer repellent made with oils of peppermint, cinnamon, and cloves. It appears to repel white-tailed deer but not brown-and-white-tailed Nigerian dwarf dairy goats. Repellent spray containing cayenne pepper doesn't faze them either. I hope we don't have to resort to bunkers and rolls of barbed wire.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." ~Earnest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment