Saturday, October 3, 2015

Tiny's Rescue

A month ago, I found a tiny cottonwood struggling to grow in the middle of the gravel canal road. Somehow it had survived herbicide sprayed by both the canal company and the nearby farmer, not to mention a nearly rainless summer.


I began watering Tiny regularly to help it recover from stress before I rescued it. Hubby and I waited until rain was predicted before beginning Operation Extrication. 


The pen around the goat shed needs a shade tree, so we picked a spot nearby for Tiny's new home. 


Tiny looked even tinier surrounded by the tree "cage" that will protect it from browsing goats and deer until such time as we need to change Tiny's name. 
__________________

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me." ~2 Chronicles 22:17 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment