Monday, September 28, 2015

On the Lam

Remember Daisy Mae's little guy, Duke? Well, he's still handsome but no longer little. In fact, he's one of the heftiest steer calves. 

One morning I when I checked the cows, Daisy Mae was bawling for Duke, who was nowhere in sight. I spent several anxious hours looking for him in a narrow corner of the pasture which was bordered by trees, a creek, and a wetland. Daisy Mae and company just stood there mooing. 

How, I wondered, does a 600 pound person just vanish? Is this the Bermuda Triangle Pasture?

I left to go check the neighbor's pasture and the railroad easement (shudder). I returned to find the whole herd lounging near the barn--with Duke lying right next to the fence, calmly chewing his cud. 

I'll never know where Duke had been hiding. 





"If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." ~Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment